Tuesday 11 April 2017

Personal Reflection of the Unit

This unit for me has been a difficult one in the respect that my team and my own performance in regards to the expectations set out in my PDP at the beginning of the year has been turbulent. However I am determined to get the most out of this experience given the circumstances in order to co-ordinate my independent study of the topics covered in my absence in order to develop myself professionally - I could try and pull the wool over everyone's eyes as I know some of my cohorts are attempting in the respect of claiming I have attended The Big Agency sessions through these blog posts; but aside from being a downright lie I feel that such an approach is not constructive to what this unit aims to achieve.

Aside from my studies - I am a part time telemarketer and small business owner; I run popular club nights in high capacity venues in the Manchester area - knowing and marketing to specific personas and conducting both digital and traditional advertising campaigns is essential for me to achieve financial success. This venture coupled with my part time work is incredibly consuming of my time and energy so while it could be argued my input in The Big Agency sessions has been minimal I have the skills being discussed in the seminars and use them in the real world regularly.

My last event was a complete success - totally selling out an 800 capacity venue on a Tuesday night with a total revenue of over £5000 and a profit of over £2000. Had it not have been for my use of targeted advertising campaigns, knowledge of my target market and effective communication with my street team this would not have been possible. I am in effect a marketing agency in myself for these services and as such I feel this sets me aside from those who claim to have developed skills in the unit who are in a similar position to me in terms of attendance but do not possess the same portfolio.


The two datasets indicate the National scale of my business and total revenue for advance ticketing for my previous event; 


However I understand it is also important to demonstrate my understanding of the theory that informs my decisions as a marketer and as such I will be committing myself to further blog posts which demonstrate my competence with this. I feel this is the best and most appropriate way for me to gain value from this unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment